International Conference on Turbochargers and Tubocharging Asia Pacific
The Institution’s popular conference comes to Singapore for the first time!
Building on more than thirty years’ success of the International Conference on Turbochargers and Turbocharging, the IMechE is proud to announce the conference’s first Asia Pacific edition.
In response to exponential growth in the region, this brand new event will bring together the APAC turbochargers industry and will address the specific commercial and regulatory challenges facing local operators.
The programme explores the latest technical developments in turbocharging technologies through in-depth presentations from OEMs, researchers, tier 1 suppliers and academics. By attending you will arm yourself with the latest knowledge, insights and professional connections in this fast-growing and ever-changing industry.
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Carl William Burrell, Chief Designer – Concept Engines, Geely Powertrain Research Institute
- Kenichi Segawa, Manager, Product Development Group, IHI Corporation
- Azmi Osman, Senior Manager (Research), Strategic Office, Proton
- Tatsuya Sugawara, Assistant Chief Engineer, Honda
- Koen Kramer, Chief Engineer Turbocharger Department, Great Wall Motors
- Peter Davies, Senior Director Powertrain, Garrett – Advancing Motion
- Calogero Avola, Senior Technology System Engineer, General Motors
- Naomichi Shibata, Senior Engineer, Turbocharger Division, MHI Engine & Turbocharger Ltd.
- Srithar Rajoo, Director, UTM Centre for Low Carbon Transport
Plus: APL Group, IAVF Karlsruhe, Lloyd’s Register, Nanyang Technological University, Imperial College London, Shangahi Jiao Tong University and Chiba University
The event will address the following main topic areas:
- Overview of cutting-edge turbocharger technologies to improve efficiency for changing environments
- Insight into changing emissions standards across the region and how the OEMs are preparing for them
- Latest design trends and the benefits of using them including variable geometry turbines
- State-of-the-art performance measurement testing and modelling techniques
- Electrification and hybrid systems and the incorporation of turbochargers
- Methods to improve the durability and performance of the turbocharger when using a reduced oil quality